We’re hiring a videographer the Youtube channel Strange Parts (1.8M subscribers), which produces edutainment content for adults focusing on technology and manufacturing. The channel is most known for ambitious engineering feats, particularly building and modifying iPhones, and in-depth factory tours. The channel got its start in Shenzhen, China, but is now based in the mountains outside of Denver, Colorado, near Pine Junction.
This position is hybrid on-site/off-site. You will be shooting on-site at our studio near Pine Junction, CO on a weekly basis, but can edit from home. There will some travel for shooting, including internationally. Likely 50/50 split shooting/editing. Working alongside the host for story and creative direction, you will be responsible for carrying each video from shooting through editing to the finished product.
Our production style leans towards run & gun/documentary style, starting with loose plot lines, and refining the story as we shoot. As the first full-time hire and primary videographer, you will have tons of input on how we tell stories, and the overall creative direction of the channel.
- 2+ years shooting and editing experience
- Proven experience with run & gun documentary/reality shooting with minimal direction
- Strong storytelling/narrative abilities
- 2+ years editing experience on Adobe Premiere
- Must have professional experience shooting w/DSLRs
- Must have professional portfolio showing storytelling/documentary experience
- Fast learner
- Self directed
- Excited about telling interesting stories
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Currently live near Denver, CO, or are willing to relocate
- Must be up to date on covid vaccinations (including boosters) and willing to wear mask while shooting
Nice to Haves
- Experience with international & 3rd world travel
- Experience/interest/passion for technology/making/engineering/manufacturing is a huge plus
- Experience producing video for YouTube strongly preferred
- Experience designing and setting up studio lighting
- Experience producing short form video for social media
- Experience shooting with a GH5
How to apply
Does this sound like a fun adventure? To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us a bit about yourself, your previous experience, and why you think you’d be a good fit for this job. A resume or LinkedIn profile is helpful, but not required.